Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Thing 3

I do have to admit that I enjoyed reading the 5 blogs. Maybe too much since I easily got side tracked on the links and comments. My favorite is #22-preventing another DaVinci. I forwarded this to my professor at OU and he responded with an OUTSTANDING! and forwarded the blog to a colleague in Florida. This colleague was equally impressed and continued to read some of the comments. One comment came from a doctoral classmate of his from UCONN who went to Kent State University as a professor, as did his wife who is the Commissioner of Education for the state of Ohio. My, how news travels fast via blogging.

The content of #22 is something I will read and re-read until it sinks in. If you didn't read this one, I highly recommend it. What caught my eye was the reference to TED.com in the brief intro of the blog. I subscribe to their e news and find everyone of their talks that I've heard fascinating. It's a great resource for any teacher.  

Ah yes...back to the questions. I found the blogs that read similar to an outline are the style I prefer reading. They are organized and to the point. However, if the blog had too many bold, colored, italic, numbered sections, it was hard to follow the main thesis. I can appreciate the blogs written like letters, addressing mostly family, and some of my posts will probably turn into this, but I didn't find them at all helpful or educational. The comments on most of the blogs connected me to other thought provoking posts. And finally, yes, blogging has already facilitated learning...at least on my part. We can all learn from #8, #15 and of course #22.

3 comments:

  1. This was one of my favorites as well. Not being an educator ~ it was my parent side that drew me to the blog. I will need to go back and check out the numbers you note.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your sharing of information about the blog you read, "Preventing Another DaVinci." The world gets a lot smaller with Web 2.0 technology.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are truly embracing this project! You are witnessing first hand the power of networking. It is pretty amazing, huh?

    ReplyDelete